Best Dogecoin Wallets in 2021 (top 9 options) – Which is the safest?
It’s the meme-inspired cryptocurrency everyone is talking about. Seriously, dogecoin is one of the most popular cryptocurrencies and there are tons of wallets in which you can store them. Keep reading to find out more about some of the best ones!
The Dogecoin wallet is a free, open-source program that syncs quickly with your blockchain and offers the ability to mine directly into your wallet. Mine at your own pace without ever worrying about power consumption or excessive heat!
For those who want maximum security and anonymity, it’s hard to beat the Jaxx wallet on an Android device. This one also allows you to mine dogecoin directly into the wallet.
Another highly secure and anonymous wallet is the Ledger Wallet. You can generate it using your hardware wallet.
There is also a huge variety of different crypto-wallets available on various operating systems. If you have an Android device, take a look at the following five best dogecoin wallets for android . These days, you can even choose to generate your own doges using the Electrum wallet .
Ledger Nano S
The next best option for dogecoin wallets is the Ledger Nano S. It’s secure, compact and even more anonymous than the other two options. The supported cryptocurrencies are Bitcoin, Ethereum, Litecoin and Dogecoin.
For maximum privacy, you can even use the DarkMyst wallet on Android to generate your own private keys. You may also want to consider private Dogecoin wallets from some trusted crypto-exchange sites.
- Pros: Has a high level of security as it is one of the most popular hardware wallets available today. Works with both iOS and Android devices. Simple to use and easy to understand interface. Can be used for mining (if that’s your game).
- Cons: A bit expensive as compared to some other options.
Trezor One Hardware Wallet
The Trezor One is one of the most popular options to consider.
It works with a wide variety of crypto-coins and tokens. It can also be used as a standard hardware wallet (which means no involvement from other devices) or as an Ethereum-only hardware wallet.
- Pros: The interface for this device is simple and well-designed. It can handle all of your private data such as keys and passwords offline. Can be used in many different places (such as on a desk).
- Cons: Not the most portable option available today. Also has a bit of a reputation for being slower than some of the other hardware wallets available.
Official Dogecoin Wallet
The official Dogecoin wallet is a multi-currency wallet that lets you manage all of your dogecoin, bitcoin, Dash and Litecoin. It’s available on iOS and Android devices as well as desktop format. You can also decide to go with the online cloud-based format if you wish. This allows you to view all of your information across multiple devices.
You can find the official wallets here: https://dogecoin.com/#wallets
- Pros: Very easy to use interface and secure mobile app available. Also offers the ability to buy crypto without having your own identity attached to it (great for privacy). All in all, this is a solid option that is definitely worth considering.
- Cons: Some users have complained that this app has slowed down at times.
Dogechain Wallet (Online Wallet)
The Dogechain wallet is an online wallet that has a simple interface.
After logging in, you’ll get access to your private keys and address. You can even keep up with the latest prices using this one. However, you will not be able to mine or send money without connecting this with a third-party service if you want 100% anonymity.
- Pros: A simple option that is compatible with multiple devices including mobile phones and desktops alike. Also offers easy transfers between your accounts and the option to send money or pay for items using dogecoin (or another cryptocurrency).
- Cons: Can’t be used in conjunction with any other device (must be used in conjunction with an exchange).
The Jaxx wallet is popular among cryptocurrency fans as it offers a different approach to managing your dogecoin.
This one has grown in popularity because of its sleek and simple user interface. It stores all information offline and does not require you to download any external software. This means that you can keep your dogecoin on a hardware wallet and transfer them to the Jaxx wallet whenever you want.
- Pros: The Jaxx wallet is simple, effective and easy to use. Also allows for some mining if you choose. If you choose this one, make sure that the third-party service that they are connected to is trust worthy (not just because it’s another cryptocurrency) . The user interface is also very well laid out, making it easy to understand.
- Cons: The Jaxx wallet is not very secure and does not provide you with access to your private keys. Some users have complained that the app has slowed down at times.
Dogecoin Paper Wallet
Another option that you have is to manage your dogecoin using a paper wallet. This means that you will be able to print out your private keys and address on a piece of paper. Your coins can then be stored in an offline environment. This is definitely one of the most secure ways to store your dogecoin, especially if you have the ability to keep this paper safe.
However, you will not be able to send money or manage your funds using a paper wallet (you’ll have to use something like an encrypted USB stick). It also requires that you use a desktop or laptop computer that has access to the internet.
You can use a service like https://walletgenerator.net/.
- Pros: The paper wallet is very secure and requires no third-party interfacing at all. It also offers more anonymity than any other option available today and can be used on any device that has a printer attached to it (however, it does require a laptop or PC).
- Cons: Can’t be used on a smartphone or other mobile device. Need to store your private keys in a safe environment.
Dogecoin Android Wallet (Android users only)
Dogecoin wallet android is one of the best wallets available for Android related devices. The interface is simple, straightforward and easy to use. It allows you to send or receive coins using your QR code or address. It also accommodates mining on the go, so if you want to do this, you can do so without any problem here. This is an Open Source project and integrates with the Bitcoin API (this means that it offers complete compatibility with all other Bitcoin wallets). This wallet offers you the ability to auto-send and auto-withdraw, but you can also manually send coins whenever you want to.
- Pros: This is one of the most secure wallets for Android in terms of security. It has a simple user interface that allows users to create multiple addresses and provide many different public addresses for DOGE. The app allows for remote wallet access; meaning that it is possible to access your wallet using a smartphone or tablet feature. You can manage all of your transactions using a QR code and/or an address book. The app includes all of the features that any other true cryptocurrency wallet should have, such as sending and receiving, blockchains, etc.
- Cons: This is only for Android users. You will also need a computer or smartphone to access your wallet.
Dogecoin Wallet on Windows (Windows users only)
It is very straightforward to use this app with Dogecoin, and with a few clicks you can get started! The user interface is very clear and intuitive, and it allows you to choose which type of wallet you would like to have (UTC or Simple). The interface also features a Bitcoin Viewer that allows you to switch between the two. There is also an offline wallet option, which will allow you to access your wallet without needing to connect to the internet.
- Pros: Windows users only, no download needed. Very clear and easy-to-use interface. There are a variety of wallets available (UTC vs Simple).
- Cons: Only Android users can use this app. It is also limited to Bitcoin transactions, but there is some hope for the future with more integration with other cryptocurrencies.
Dogecoin wallet on Linux (Linux users only)
Just like most other software for Linux, the program allows you to manage and secure your Dogecoin balances using a QR code or address book. When you mistype an address, the app can even help you recover from errors.
This is one of those Dogecoin wallets that can manage your balances in many ways – including exchanging them or sending them to another wallet. You can also retrieve your addresses by phone number or email.
Dogecoin Wallet includes full integration with Blockchain.info as well as a handy QR code scanner. When using the scanner, it is easy to see how much Dogecoin you’ve got in your wallet and send them out whenever you want – all without having to be online!.
- Pros: Can be used on all types of Android and iOS devices. The interface is very user-friendly.
- Cons: It’s only available for Android and iOS users.
How did we choose the best Dogecoin wallets?
When looking for the best dogecoin wallets, we wanted to find a wallet that had all of these features and was easy to use. We also made sure that these were available on all types of devices (especially mobile devices).
We also wanted to make sure that the wallet was secure. While Dogecoin is not nearly as valuable as Bitcoin, it’s still a digital asset that can be stolen. You should do everything in your power to keep this information safe and secure. This is why a hardware or offline wallet is the safest option for keeping your coins.
The fact of the matter is that there are many different cryptocurrencies out there. Depending on what type of cryptocurrency you want to store your dogecoins in, you will need a different wallet. If you are storing DOGE in an exchange, then it makes sense for them to have access to your personal information and private keys. However, if you want the option to keep 100% anonymity, then choose an option that has more privacy features such as offline wallets or paper wallets.
It’s also important to keep in mind that you can store your dogecoin on different types of devices. It’s usually recommended to store your DOGE offline (on a piece of paper or using an offline computer, for example). However, if you’re using Dogecoin miner software and hardware, it can be cool to use these mining apps that are available for mobile phones and tablets.
When looking at our options, we kept in mind all of these variables.
Tips for securely storing your DOGE
Since Dogecoin is somewhat similar to Bitcoin, there are a number of concepts involved when you’re looking for a Dogecoin wallet. You’ve probably heard that you should not store your dogecoins in hot wallets. That’s because there is a chance that third-party services could have access to them.
Storing your dogecoins in cold storage (also known as offline storage) is very safe and definitely the best option if you want 100% anonymity. Many users keep their dogecoins in an encrypted USB flash drive or tablet or just some other form of storage device that they can access from anywhere at any time.
You will also need to keep your coins in cold storage if you’re going to be using a service that has access to your private keys. A simple way of doing this is by printing out the private keys and then storing them in a secure place where only you know about them (not even your computer).
Conclusion – which wallet is the best?
As you can see, Dogecoin offers people a variety of different wallets to choose from. However, some of these wallets are not as secure as others. For example, it’s not a good idea to use your dogecoin wallet on an unprotected device.
You will also find that there are a lot of options available on the market today in terms of dogecoin wallets (including 3rd party services). You can choose a software wallet, hardware wallet or paper wallet. All three types have their own strengths and weaknesses.
It’s important to consider which security features work best for your needs.
Conclusion from a real Dogecoin expert:
“Though dogecoin isn’t as popular as Bitcoin, it still is one of the most popular cryptocurrencies in the entire world. It has remained a favorite among its users because of its simplicity and surprisingly high levels of security. It does require that you use a third-party server to link your wallet to an exchange; but this will ensure that you have complete access to all of your transactions and balances whenever you need them. As long as you are careful, this is one of the better options available today.”
And if you’re interested in using Dogecoin, why not join our Community? We have a nice community of crypto-junkies where we discuss everything related to Dogecoin!
No Comments found